Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame inductees announced for Kawartha Lakes
Junior Achievement of Northern and Eastern Ontario (JA-NEO) will host it’s inaugural JA Business Hall of Fame(BHF) for Kawartha Lakes on May 11, recognizing this city’s exceptional business leaders. These inductees strengthen the economy and community through their exemplary accomplishments of vision, leadership and commitment to excellence in business over a lifetime, according to a media release. Each inductee is widely regarded as an inspiring role model and mentor to the students JA-NEO serves.
“JA-NEO is excited to unveil the inaugural class of inductees to the first ever JA Business Hall of Fame for the City of Kawartha Lakes,” said John McNutt, president and CEO of JA-NEO. “These exceptional business leaders are helping to inspire and show local youth that starting your own business can be rewarding and last multiple generations much like the business leaders being honoured today.”
The inductees will be formally inducted at the inaugural JA Business Hall of Fame event, set to run on May 11 at Mackey Celebrations in downtown Lindsay.
The 2023 JA Business Hall of Fame inductees are as follows:
1) Tania-Joy Bartlett – New Beginnings Contracting Services
2) Jim Bogar (Posthumously) – Cameron Steel
3) Jack and Ila Crowe (Posthumously) – Kawartha Dairy
4) Nicki Dedes and Costas Dedes – Olympia Restaurant
5) Liz Grimes – Cathy Allan Ladieswear
6) Ted Smith – TS Manufacturing
7) Jeff Strybosch – Kawartha Wholesale Bakery
8) Jason and Karissa Ward – Ward Lawyers Professional Corporation