The Advocate has won the award for Media Excellence through the Lindsay & District Chamber of Commerce.
Nominations are judged by a panel of judges outside of our community, comprised of Chamber of Commerce professionals across North America.
Follow this link to view an announcement video https://
Twelve awards were given out by the Lindsay + District Chamber of Commerce to honour local businesses, including one for Citizen of the Year that went to Terry Foster and a special COVID-19 Hero award that went to Jason Ward for his near-daily posts that helped the community interpret government policy at the height of the pandemic.
The chamber, partnering with Cogeco, recognized local individuals, groups and businesses to recognize those who go above and beyond to provide innovative products or services, develop exceptional new practices, and improve the community for all.
This is the third award in a row for the Advocate over three years, including New Business of the Year through the LDCC last year and an innovation award through Kawartha Lakes Community Future Development Corporation before that.
The Awards of Excellence event, which was slowed down due to the pandemic, is presented annually by the Lindsay and District Chamber of Commerce and Cogeco, with support from multiple local sponsors.
Following is a complete list of the 2020 winners. Video clips of scaled-down awards presentations were made for each business or individual and will be shared on the LDCC’s social media platforms over the next two days @LDChamber on Facebook and Twitter, @LDChamber_ on Instagram.
- Business Leader of the Year – Chad Broad – Home Hardware
- Citizen of the Year –Terry Foster
- Customer Service – Helix Hearing
- Design Excellence – IG Wealth Management
- Employer of the Year – The Commonwell Mutual Insurance
- Health and Wellness – Adelaide Clinic
- Innovation – Whitney Plastics
- Media Excellence – The Lindsay Advocate
- New Business – Cardinal (Homes) Plumbing & Electric
- Not-for-Profit – Women’s Resources
- Marketing Excellence – Barton Creative
- Covid-19 Hero – Jason Ward
The awards were sponsored by RBC, CIBC, Cogeco, Stewart Morrison Insurance, Cogeco YourTV, Wards Lawyers, IG Wealth Management, The Lindsay Advocate, and 91.9 BOB FM.