50,000 vaccines given at LEX, with more to come
Today, Ross Memorial Hospital celebrated its 50,000 dose of coronavirus vaccine administered to members of the community at the hospital’s drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Lindsay Fairgrounds (LEX).
Ron Armstrong, of Woodville, received the 50,000 dose to join the nearly 17 million Canadians who have been fully vaccinated to date, including his wife Christina. Carol Henley, an RN from Ross Memorial Hospital, administered the milestone inoculation.
“We’re here for safety reasons, obviously. We wanted to do our part as Canadian citizens to bring an end to this pandemic,” said Armstrong following his jab. “And the drive-thru clinic here is well executed. I was impressed.”
People with COVID-19 vaccination appointments booked for later than July 31 at the LEX are now being encouraged to move up their appointments as there are currently thousands of availabilities in July. Visit Ontario.ca/bookvaccine or call 1-833-943-3900 to move up their appointment.
You are eligible to receive your second dose if you have waited the following time intervals. Pfizer or Moderna as first dose – 28 days. AstraZeneca as first dose – 56 days.
Anyone 12 and older looking to receive their first dose can show up Monday-Friday at the LEX between 8 a.m.– 2 p.m. No appointment needed.
Beginning tomorrow, Ross Memorial Hospital is hosting No Appointment Needed Walk-In Clinics in smaller centres throughout the City of Kawartha Lakes. The schedule for those clinics are as follows:
- Bolsover Community Centre, Wednesday, July 14 from 9-11 a.m.
- Norland Community Centre, Wednesday, July 14 from 1-3 p.m.
- Kinmount Community Centre, Thursday, July 15 from 9-11 a.m.
- Baddow Community Centre, Thursday, July 15 from 1-3 p.m.
- Manvers Community Centre, Friday, July 16 from 10 a.m.-Noon
The clinics are open to individuals 12 and older.
- Youth 12-17 will receive Pfizer
- Adults will receive Moderna
- Need your Ontario Health Card Number
- Priority given to individuals receiving first dose
- Intended for local and seasonal residents
Another vaccination clinic will be scheduled for each location in August to allow individuals to receive their first, then second shots at these clinics.