The Lindsay Farmers Market will be opening this Saturday May 30 from 7 am to 1 pm at its usual spot on Victoria Avenue.
It will open with food vendors only. The market will be following strict safety protocols from the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit.
Although the market is returning it will look a bit different. Organizers ask that everyone follow the guidelines below “so we can continue to stay open and keep everyone healthy.”
If you are feeling ill, you should not visit the market. If you are healthy, you are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Follow the directions of market organizers. Shoppers are asked to enter and exit the market from the library parking lot only. Shopping will be one way only.
- Please only one shopper per household.
- Practice physical distancing by staying two metres (six feet) from other customers and vendors. If possible, use alcohol-based sanitizer after pickup at each vendor. Avoid touching your face.
- Customers are asked to not touch any products, vendors will be happy to assist you. Reusable bags are not permitted at the market at this time.
- Wearing a homemade (cloth) mask is optional; these masks will not protect you from the virus but may help prevent you from spreading the virus if you are asymptomatic.
- After returning home, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Absolutely no smoking at the market.
- Pets should be kept at home.
- Shoppers are reminded not to gather or loiter at the market. After making essential purchases, shoppers are asked to return home so that others may attend and to prevent large group gatherings from being formed.