The Province is partnering with Armada Toolworks and Mariposa Dairy to create 47 new jobs and support existing positions in the eastern region.
Armada Toolworks is one of the few auto component manufacturers in eastern Ontario, specializing in door handle and interior systems including vents and speakers, and decorative trim components.
With support from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the company will install a new assembly line and increase press capabilities of up to 1,000 tons.
This will help the company to make higher-value large components, including glove boxes and door handles, allowing the company to remain competitive and grow its operations.
Mariposa Dairy produces high quality cheese using 100 per cent Ontario sourced goat and sheep milk.
The company is the second largest goat cheese manufacturer in Canada and produces over 20 cheese products.
With support from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the company is investing in new automated equipment to increase the current processing capabilities by more than 60 per cent.
With new production lines for hard and soft cheese products, the company will take advantage of new opportunities in the specialty cheese market and food service sector.
Jeff Leal, minister responsible for small business, made the announcement recently.
• Armada Toolworks: Ontario is investing $652,500 from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, supporting an additional investment of $6,362,500 from the company. The project will create 29 new jobs, help to retain 257 existing positions and is expected to be completed by December 2020.
• Mariposa Dairy: Ontario is investing $1,079,402 from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, supporting an additional investment of $15,285,618 from the company. The project will create 18 new jobs, help to retain 85 existing positions and is expected to be completed by December 2021.
• Ontario is accepting applications for the Eastern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
• Since 2013, the Eastern Ontario Development Fund has committed support of over $50 million, helping to create and retain over 9,500 jobs and leveraging over $505 million in total investments.
• Ontario’s five-year, $650-million Business Growth Initiative is helping to grow the economy and create jobs by promoting an innovation-based economy, helping small companies scale-up and modernizing regulations for businesses.