Greenbank Garden Centre
Job Title: Accounting & Office Administrator – Garden Centre located in Durham Region (Port Perry/Uxbridge area)
Job Status: Full-Time
Reporting to the Owners, the Accounting Administrator will execute the financial reporting and analysis in order to support the business strategies, related to its financial goals.
• Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of accounts payable, receivable, cash receipts, payroll and general ledger.
• Create cheques to send to suppliers
• Prepare T4’s for Employees
• Monitor inventory transactions and reconciliation
• Reconcile Visa and Bank Statements
• Maintain and Reconcile daily sales from POS
• Maintain a pre and post timetable of activities for month and year end closes, within the corporate timelines.
• Prepare financial statements in adherence to reporting requirements.
• Report and discuss financial results with the Owners during monthly financial reviews.
• Collaborate with the Owners to develop and maintain annual forecasts.
• Provide guidance, feedback, and direction to staff on payroll and accounting related items.
• Provide regular updates on projects and analysis of financial results.
• Identify areas of improvement or concern and provide solutions to address them.
• Produce reports as requested.
• Accounting Designation would be an asset but not necessary if experience is present
• 3 or more years of experience.
• Progressive experience in an accounting role.
• Must be proficient in Excel, Quick Books
• Knowledge of POS systems
The perfect candidate is:
• Well organized
• Detail Orientated
• Professional and holds all information in strict confidentiality
• Very reliable with very good attendance
Compensation & Benefits:
• Endless opportunity for career growth
• Health, Dental, and Insurance Benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please forward resume to