Frost Campus to celebrate Fleming College’s 50th
Live music, loggersports, and a time capsule will all be part of the fun at Frost Campus on Sept. 29 as Fleming College celebrates its 50th anniversary.
The 50th Anniversary Celebration will take place from noon to 4 p.m. with a number of events taking place during that time:
- Noon to 2 p.m. – Speeches and kick-off barbecue (Auk’s Lodge Patio)
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Loggersports demonstrations and participation (Loggersports field)
- Noon to 4 p.m. – Live music (Auk’s Lodge Patio)
- 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. – Campus tours
- 1-2 p.m. – Water, Serendipity and Science: special guest lecture on the Walkerton tragedy
- 2-2:30 p.m. – Time capsule burial
- 2:30 p.m. – Frost Arboretum ground breaking and tree planting ceremony
All are welcome to attend the celebration.
Fleming’s Moveable Feast
Later that day, starting at 5 p.m., the campus will host Fleming’s Moveable Feast. The Feast is a unique 100-mile dining experience – a celebration of local food in support of student learning and the community.
A tasting trail will allow guests to tour the campus while enjoying local appetizers, including an ‘edible wilds’ food station. Following that, the dinner will feature locally-sourced ingredients prepared by Chef Marty of Aramark. The event will also include a silent and live auction as well as beer tastings from Bobcaygeon Brewing Company.
The Moveable Feast proceeds will support the GeoCentre Renovation Project at Fleming’s School of Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences. Tickets are $50 and are available at frostcampusmoveablefeast.eventbrite.ca or by calling ext. 3028.
Amazing 50 Interactive Trailer
As part of the 50th celebrations, Colleges Ontario will have their traveling Amazing 50 interactive trailer at Frost Campus on Thursday, Sept. 28 for the day.
The trailer has been touring Ontario, making stops at each college. Inside the trailer, visitors can:
- Learn about the amazing things that have happened over the last 50 years.
- See how college leadership is making a difference at home and around the world.
- Explore how colleges are making important contributions to environmental sustainability.
- Cast a vote to select a winner for the William G. Davis Innovation Fund.
- Take the amazing facts pop quiz.