Residents are invited to drop off residential clear bag waste and leaf and yard waste for no charge at all City landfills during regular operating hours from May 14 to 27 and October 1 to 14. All waste must be in clear bags and regular clear bag requirements will apply. Regular tipping fees will apply for all other times of the year.
As this is a limited trial service please be prepared for longer wait times than normal. Staff will be making efforts to move traffic through lineups as quickly as possible.
From May 14 to 27 and October 1 to 14 there will be no charge for:
- Clear garbage bags of residential waste (must contain less than 20 per cent recyclable material and no hazardous waste)
- Residential leaf and yard waste (must be in paper bags)
Regular tipping fees will apply to drop off:
- Large items (including Freon items)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Construction and demolition materials
- Institutional and commercial waste
- Waste not in clear bags
- Mixed waste loads (containing 20 per cent or more recyclables and black or green bags)
- Contaminated soil (Pre-approval required call 705-324-9411 extension 1135)
- Asbestos (Pre-approval required call 705-324-9411 extension 1135)
- Boat and bale wrap
- RV disposal