Boys and Girls Clubs of Kawartha Lakes Support Services programs continue to run during Club and school COVID-19 closures. The Support Services programs offer a variety of services targeted from birth up to age 21 and focus on:
• Mental health and wellness.
• School re-integration and success at learning. Supporting parents and children with developmental difficulties or who are at risk of developing them.
• Prevention and early intervention supports.
• Restorative practices.
• Social engagement and responsibility.
• Strengthening children, youth and families.
• Flexible supports to children and youth who may be at increased risk because of complex social and personal problems.
• Mentoring, leadership and engaging youth in the community as advisors and leaders.
• Empowering youth as valuable partners in addressing and making decisions.
Most programs in the department continue to run during this time – Infant and Child Development, Community Capacity Building, Adventure Quest and Reach Youth Support have transitioned to using technology to provide service to existing clients. The Support Workers have been connecting with children and youth, and their parents over the phone, Skype and OTN (Ontario Telemedicine Network).
The Club wishes to provide additional support for those Club families who most need it. This could include resources or strategies for parents, or connections with children and youth members. Club members who are not currently Support Services clients, but who wish to access support during this time, should contact the Club at or call 705-324-4493 ext. 200. Visit the website here.