The Kawartha Lakes Country Living Show in Fenelon Falls can be credited with providing a great time for a lot of people, but it can also apparently cure ophidiophobia – that would be a fear of snakes. Well, at least it worked out that way for Shannon Bain, manager of the Fenelon Falls and District Chamber of Commerce.
“They seem to think highly of themselves.”
“They have a ‘baby-on-board’ protected mentality.”
“They’re always connected to their phones.”
The above was actual employer feedback from a large area employer about the young people sent to Victoria County Career Services (VCCS). It wasn’t the only business feedback.
- “Expect to move into the same job someone else has had for years.”
- “They question everything.”
- “They have less patience” for repetitive tasks, if the tasks aren’t meaningful.
- “They have an expectation to be paid well.”
- “They don’t like authoritarian style” of employers.
- “They’re needy.”