Women’s Resources is hosting our 4th biennial Extraordinary Women of Kawartha Lakes Awards on October 17, 2019 recognizing women in the City of Kawartha Lakes who have made an extraordinary contribution to improving the quality of life in our community.
We celebrate the accomplishments of women under the following categories:
Extraordinary Woman in Business
- Demonstrated contribution to local economic development and support for the community
- Raised public awareness about issues and needs for individuals or community initiatives
- Overcame difficult circumstances to achieve independence and fulfillment
- Provided education or mentoring for individuals or the community to improve quality of life
- Participated in volunteer activities that support quality of life for individuals or community
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing social issues in our community
We are seeking nominations for the above categories. Do you know an Extraordinary Woman, one who should be recognized for her achievements, abilities, positive attitude and so much more? You can find the Nomination Form and more information about each category on our website www.womensresources.ca under ‘Events’.
On October 17th, we will honour the nominees and the award recipients at a Celebratory Dinner and Awards Presentation held at the Black Diamond Golf Club, Pontypool. You can look forward to a fun evening that includes a special “Bling Raffle” (you have to experience it!), a silent auction and, of course the Awards Ceremony. Tickets are also available through our website.
Women’s Resources works hard to ensure positive, successful outcomes for the women who turn to us for assistance. We provide 24 hour emergency shelter services, short term housing and a range of counselling options for women and children. We strive to provide the supports needed for women to make the transition from lives of fear and violence to a future of safety and stability.
Fundraisers like Extraordinary Women help to support our programs and services. We are always very grateful to our community – businesses, community groups and individuals – for recognizing how important our work is and responding when we need it the most.
For more information, contact Carolyn Fox, 705-328-1347 or ac.se1556043549cruos1556043549ersne1556043549mow@x1556043549ofc1556043549