As winter weather approaches the City of Kawartha Lakes is reminding residents that the seasonal ban on overnight parking between Nov. 1 and April 30 is now in effect.
On-street parking is prohibited on City streets between 11 pm and 6 am from Nov. 1 to April 30. Vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed regardless of snow clearing operations and weather conditions.
In the following downtown areas prohibited parking hours are between 2 am and 6 am from Nov. 1 to April 30.
Kent Street West from Lindsay Street to Victoria Ave
Bolton Street from King Street to Canal Street in Bobcaygeon
Colborne Street from Water Street to Bond Street
May Street from Water Street to Francis Street
Francis Street West from Colborne Street to May Street
King Street from Queen Street to Sturgeon Road
Municipal parking lots
Overnight parking in municipal parking lots is prohibited between 11 pm and 6 am from Nov 1 to April 30 unless covered by a permit in Lindsay.
Snow and ice removal
Snow and ice on sidewalks can impact the ability of people to get around safely – including pedestrians with service animals, walkers, wheelchairs and strollers. Residents and businesses are responsible and required to clear the way around their property.
- Property owners are required to completely remove snow and/or ice from sidewalks adjacent to their property
- Do not push or blow snow from your property back on to the street. This is in violation of the Highway Traffic Act and it creates unsafe conditions.
- Where possible, pile snow on the right side of your driveway (as you face the street) so that cleared snow does not get moved back onto your driveway by the snow plow.
- Reduce the height of the snow bank at the end of your property by shoveling snow back further onto your property. This improves visibility when entering or exiting your driveway.
- For safety reasons, remove snow around exit doors, stairways, fire escapes and furnace vents. If there is a fire hydrant in front of your home or business, remove snow and ice around the fire hydrant.